Simultaneous myocardial revascularization and resection of the sigmoid colon with transabdominal resection of the rectum in a patient with ischemic heart disease and malignant lesions of the rectosigmoid colon
describes a clinical case of successful treatment of a patient suffering from
coronary artery disease complicated by critical coronary artery stenosis and
malignant lesion of the rectosigmoid colon complicated by
Keywords:coronary artery bypass grafting; resection of the sigmoid colon; transabdominal resection of the rectum; colon cancer; coronary heart disease; simultaneous surgery
Funding. The study had no
interest. The authors declare no conflict of interest.
For citation: Semenkov A.V.,
Zybin D.I., Khitrov N.V., Zabelina T.S., Dontsov V.V., Shumakov D.V.
Simultaneous myocardial revascularization and resection of the sigmoid colon
with transabdominal resection of the rectum in a patient with ischemic heart
disease and malignant lesions of the rectosigmoid colon. Clinical and
Experimental Surgery. Petrovsky Journal. 2022; 10 (2): 140–3. DOI: https://doi.org/10.33029/2308-1198-2022-10-2-140-143 (in
1. Lopez-Encuentra A.; Bronchogenic Carcinomaa Co-operative Group. Comorbidity in operable lung cancer. A multicenter descriptive study on 2992 patients. Lung Cancer. 2002; 35: 263–9.
2. Rosstat, 2019 [Electronic resource]. URL: https://rosinfostat.ru/smertnost/ (in Russian)
3. Glushchenko V.A., Irklienko E.K. Cardiovascular morbidity is one of the most important health problems. Meditsina i organizatsiya zdravookhraneniya [Medicine and Organization of Health Care]. 2019; 4 (1): 56–63. (in Russian)
4. Zharkov V.V., Ostrovsky Yu.P., Mal’kevich V.T., Andrishchuk V.V. Simultaneous surgical treatment of patients with esophageal and gastric cancer with competing cardiovascular diseases. Kazanskiy meditsinskiy zhurnal [Kazan Medical Journal]. 2011; 92 (6): 834–8. (in Russian)
5. Davydov M.I., Akchurin R.S., Gerasimov S.S., et al. Combined surgical treatment of oncological patients with competing cardiovascular diseases with tumor lesions of the lungs and mediastinum. Khirurgiya. Zhurnal imeni N.I. Pirogova [Surgery. The Journal Named after N.I. Pirogov]. 2010; (8): 4–10. (in Russian)
6. Danton M., Anikin V., McManus K. Simultaneous cardiac surgery with pulmonary resection: presentation of series and review of literature. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 1998; 13: 667–72.